Friday, July 4, 2014

Photo Friday: Happy Fourth of July! Edition (1900's-1940's)

Good afternoon! 

I'm sorry I missed you guys this morning, I was out with my pappy at every holiday-weekend estate sale I could get to! We had a whale of a time and I got a trunkful of crazy things to show you on Monday, but you know I wouldn't let Friday pass without some vintage photos! I wanted to use my regular hunting ground of flickriver but danged if the well didn't run dry on "vintage patriotic photos" that weren't pictures of leggy, gorgeous pin up girls à la Ann Miller...instead, I went to Ebay and had a BALL looking at old pictures. I actually would have had this finished about forty minutes earlier in the afternoon if it wasn't for the "Oh, just one more page" of vintage photo perusing I was doing. I'm just a naked id today, I suppose, haha, but isn't that my American freedom! :)

Anyway, all these pictures are available for sale, so if you can't live without some of these gorgeous people, from the Victorian era on into the 1940's, draped in all the patriotic trappings the holiday requires, click on the caption link to support these vintage photo sellers on Ebay. I owe them my gratitude if not a couple bucks of purchasing power for the lovely look-see they gave me for Independence Day.

Have a great Fourth and I will see you guys right back here on Monday for more 100% American-made vintage blogging product. Take care, and U!S!A! Talk to you then.

-Lisa

1916 photo FOURTH OF JULY. CHILD AS 'LIBERTY' Vintage Black & White Photograp d7
1923 WOMAN IN AMERICAN FLAG DRESS & HAT PATRIOTIC PHOTO

WOMAN IN STUDIO w AMERICAN FLAG rppc Real Photo Postcard
Real Photo Postcard RPPC - Women with American Flags and in Costume Patriotic
THREE PATRIOTIC GALS IN STARS & STRIPES DRESS rppc Real Photo Postcard)

PATRIOTIC GAL w STARS & STRIPES SASH & USA FLAG
Vintage 4th of July 1900-1909 Small Children's Cabinet Photo

Man using fireworks in front of the American flag - RPPC photo 1910

Kingston NY-HUMAN FLAG FOR 250th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION-RPPC Postcard Patriotic

Vintage Photo Pretty Girl w Patriotic Uncle Sam Mail Box Man 084417

1940s SNAPSHOT VERNACULAR PHOTO PATRIOTIC WORLD WAR TWO
VINTAGE WW2 ERA PATRIOTIC SOLDIER AMERICAN FLAG MADISON HOTEL DECO FL
PATRIOTIC WOMAN USA FLAG SNAPSHOT PRETTY LADY PHOTO


4 comments:

  1. oh my they just kept getting better and better! i think my favorite is the guy with the sparkler. or that dang human american flag!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The human American flag I was like...is this for real? And it was!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...