Running out the door this morning for errands...but you know I wouldn't leave you hanging for Photo Friday! I just love the Kodachrome slides from this flickr user's account, documenting his midcentury childhood in scans from his family's photos. He's the handsome tot in red in most of these photos, his parents looking respectively like young Jessica Lange and the perennially dashing Zachary Quinto (see, I have the movie all planned out!). I love the gravitas lent to every day scenes by the fine color and shadow of the Kodachrome stock...each snap looks like a museum piece to me. What details do you spot? Which of these photos do YOU think I like the best?
- the hula hooping photo's twilight exposure, so that the hoops almost look neon
- the fancy dressed gal with her shoes off and her dirty stocking'd feet from dancing
- the mother in front of the Christmas tree in that red dress
- the gold sofa behind the parents when the mom's wearing a white sheath dress
- the family friend (or aunt? I can't remember) dressed in the middy blouse and Keds
- the random gal dressed in costume as an Indian in a GORGEOUS patterned room
- the parakeet on dad's shoulder
- or ALL OF THE ABOVE? :)
Have a great weekend! I'll catch you on Monday with even more vintage goodness. Talk to you then!