Friday, July 12, 2013

Photo Friday: A Quick One Before the Weekend Edition

Good afternoon!

I was so revved up to go to estate sales this morning that I COMPLETELY FORGOT about any and all vintage blogging duties. An egregious error on my part! So shame, shame on me. ((makes the brushing one's index finger with the other index finger gesture)) Did you miss your morning's dose of She Was a Bird? To tide you over until Monday, I present this flickr user's mom, year of our Lord 1968:


What I love about this photo? The woman in the vintage picture is looking through, guess what, VINTAGE PICTURES. How meta of her, right? And a more retro/vintage setting for her to be doing this in I couldn't actually imagine. Look at the Googie chair and couch! The side table! The telephone! The white ottoman/coffeetable type thing! I love the relative to the right's moccasins, and EVERYTHING about the girl subject's outfit. Bulky sweater, checked skirt, cats eye glasses, perfect hair. And not to mention that pretty, wondering expression on her face! My only regret is that this is the only old-time photo I saw off the bat in this photo set. Come on, mister, give us some more of the vintage goods! I would say to this user. You're killin' me, here!

I made an i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e clothing bonanza at an estate sale in Inglewood this morning-- I promise to tell you all about it next week! Have a great weekend, and I'll check you on the other side. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...